Smith Realty identifies six key factors in getting your property sold.
Selling Your Property
1. Setting the right price - In today's competitive real estate market, buyers have access to more information than ever before. In determining your asking price, you should calculate the average sales price to list price ratio in your neighborhood. If you're serious about selling your house on your own, you may want to offer a buyer a price incentive.
2. Creating your marketing plan - An ad in the paper, a sign in the front yard and word of mouth are good places to start. Smith Realty invites you to take a look at our marketing plan and learn some strategies that may help you get your property sold.
3. Preparing your product - Many factors come into play in preparing your property for showing. We will be glad to discuss with you at length about properly preparing your home to show.
4. Four questions to ask every caller - (1) Are you pre-qualified? (2) What's the name and phone number of the person who pre-qualified you? (3) How much did you pre-qualify for? (4) What's your possession deadline?
5. Properly presenting your property - Don't get emotional. When we show properties to buyers we prefer sellers not to be present, because buyers are less likely to express their true feelings. Please call for more in-depth information on professionally presenting your property.
6. Negotiating the sale - It's a fact, even in a seller's market, over 90% of the properties sold sell for something less than the asking price. Prepare yourself for offers less than your asking price. Many buyers shop "For-Sale-By-Owners" to try to get a better price. They know you're not paying a commission. A third-party negotiator can literally save you thousands in negotiating the sale of your property.